Image

The Power of Perspective

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”
-Ayn Rand

When building a business, you will encounter countless situations with their own obstacles, challenges, and rewards.   We know that rearranging your perspective to view these circumstances as speed-bumps will change how you view business development forever. Whether you’ve already adapted to market changes or preparing to adapt to coming market changes, maintaining a positive perspective can mean the difference between reaching your Summit and breaking down.

According to CB Insights, 7% of businesses fail because of an inability to pivot in key situations. An additional 10% fail due to pivoting the wrong way. In total 17% of businesses breakdown because they did not change their perspective to view bad circumstances as slip-ups on their way to their Summit. Pivoting with the perspective that you’re in control of your business, and that you can adapt to fit your market’s needs is a huge step. It’s not only important for the beginning of the businesses’ life, but for the remainder of its growth into the future.

No matter the circumstance, no matter the obstacle, and no matter the route you’re on, there is little that is out of the control of an equipped business owner. You’ve started a company. You’ve turned your idea, your business model, into a living business. If you haven’t had to pivot yet, or if you’re preparing for the possibility, keep in mind the power of maintaining a positive perspective. Doing so is half the battle. The other half is creating and executing your plan.

With the right tools, the right team, and the right philosophies, there is no obstacle or circumstance that cannot be tamed. If you have questions about how to pivot or make the best of a difficult situation, get in touch with one of our Guides.